Why learn English? What’s in it for me?
- English is spoken in more countries than any other language and is the adopted second language in a huge number of countries.
- Companies that have a lot of international exposure, such as the film industry, airlines, banks, tourism, use English as their official language.
- If you are going to put a lot of effort into learning a language, learn English! It will give you the best return!
How will English help you?
- English is the dominant business language and will make you much more employable in nearly every country in the world.
- Speaking English will enable your company to compete in the global market and make business partnerships all over the world. International business is done in English and business today is international!
- If you are a student, it will give you access to the world’s best universities (Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard etc).
- More job opportunities – you could work in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the US…the world is your oyster!
- More knowledge will be available to you, after all, 55% of the Internet is English.
Why choose me as your tutor?
- I am a native speaker of English and have been a languages teacher in the UK, Kazakhstan and China for over 18 years – mainly as Head of Languages, teaching adults and young people.
- I am a highly qualified and experienced educator and an accredited Business English trainer with a proven track record of student achievement.
- Furthermore, I am a qualified editor and proofreader. With me, you are in safe hands!
My experience as a manager for over 10 years means that I can fully understand how to make the right impression at an interview, how to write a flawless application, how to polish off a good CV, how to create an impressive presentation, how to negotiate and entertain clients…the list is endless!
I want you to be successful!
Drawing on my vast teaching experience, I tailor my classes to your needs and make the learning engaging and relevant. Equally important is the fact that I am friendly, warm and patient and want you to succeed!
How I teach a language
My teaching focuses on the core skills of learning any language, namely, speaking, listening, reading and writing. There is also an emphasis on grammar, which is used in each of these core skills. Rest assured that I don’t waste time on anything you don’t need to know.
I also provide high quality lesson materials to accompany my lessons as well as a recording and a summary of the lesson content at the end of the lesson for revision purposes. I have experience of teaching all nationalities, at all levels of proficiency and of all ages.
- Over 18 years’ experience teaching in independent and state schools in the UK, Kazakhstan and China with 13 years as Head of Languages
- 3 years of online tuition
- GCSE examiner for the AQA examination board
- Familiar with all UK exam boards
- Experience in teaching languages for business
- Member of IATEFL
- MA Translation (Spanish and German)
- BA European Languages (German, Spanish and Italian)
- PGCE in European Languages
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults)
- Cert IBET (Business English Trainer)
What courses do you offer?
I offer the following one-to-one courses:
How will it work?
- Once you have chosen your course, I will offer you a free one-to-one consultation over Skype to discuss how to reach your goal fast. With my guidance, we will focus on your own individual requirements.
- If you require training for six or more people, it can save time and money by running a course in-house or as a conference call. I can also tailor an existing course or design a new one to meet your objectives. This can be delivered in a venue of your choice, anywhere in the world.
- At the end of your course, I am available to help you follow-up your course through a coaching service or additional bespoke training.
To help you improve your English out of lessons, sign up to my weekly English language blog. This is available to you free whether you are taking a course to improve your English and career prospects or not. Every week, I write about a wide range of topics, which will help you enrich your vocabulary and learn more about life and culture in the UK. Each post will teach you new vocabulary and grammar through interesting topics such as travel, food, film, literature, useful tips and more. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter for language learning tips and videos.